Some YA News and Links
Just wanted to share a few bits of YA-related news I’ve come across over the past few days:
- For a limited time, you can read Lesley Livingston’s Wondrous Strange for free online at the HarperTeen site.
- Over at NPR, Garret Freymann-Weyr recommends “Three Books for the Smartest Teens You Know“
- The dividing line between adult and YA continues to shrink: Canongate and Walker create joint young adult imprint.
- Last week, The Horn Book released its list of the best books from 2009, including best books for teenagers
- Finally, I just have to share this terrific awareness campaign LG has launched. The Give It A Ponder campaign encourages tweens and teens to think twice before sending inappropriate mesages and pictures via their mobile phones. The campaign includes webisodes staring James Lipton, host of the Inside the Actors studio…and his beard.