Hi everyone! Apologies for the lack of posts in 2011. January was a horribly bad month for me. I don’t even want to talk about it. I’m slowly crawling out of my funk and trying to get back into the blogging spirit.
It’s time for another YA links round-up!
- Ottawa Event: Libraries and Teens: My good friend (and future librarian!) Kim, gives a recap of the day.
- Bitch Media has put together a list of 100 YA Books for the Feminist Reader.
- E-Readers Catch Younger Eyes: According to this article from the NYT Books section, teen fiction is “hot, hot, hot” in e-books.
- YA Library UK shares a summary of a symposium on Young People and Media Use (part 1).
- Nicole at WORD for Teens wonders why college seems to be underrepresented in YA fiction.
- School Library Journal‘s Teen Book Buzz Spring 2011 webcast happens this Tuesday, February 8th.
- Getting the Stink Eye in the YA section? This YA brochure idea is kind of awesome (link via @YAaddict).
- “Those mystifying teen years in fiction.” The Toronto Star reviews four recent YA novels about teen girls.
- What Should Teen Readers Know About The National Reading Campaign? YA Bookshelf had some great coverage of the TD National Reading Summit in Montreal.
- Speaking of the TD National Reading Summit, you can access the High School/Post Secondary Working Group’s Report here. I really wanted to attend but since I was not eligible for funding from my employer and I had just attended the CLASY Libraries and Teen workshop in Ottawa out of my own pocket, I just couldn’t justify the expense.