Here they are, in no particular order…
- Audrey, Wait! by Robin Benway
I spotted this on the “Staff Picks” display at the library I’m working at this summer.
- The Mysterious Adventures of Pauline Bovary by Edeet Ravel
I enjoyed The Thrilling Adventures of Pauline de Lammermoor (book one in the Pauline, btw series) and I’m eager to find out what Pauline does next.
- Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson
There’s been a ton of buzz about this book in the blogosphere and mainstream media. Check out this chilling book trailer.
- Lost at Sea by Bryan Lee O’Malley
I picked this up at the Toronto Comic Arts Festival just before I left for Calgary.
- The Plain Janes by Cecil Castellucci and Jim Rugg
A graphic novel with a cute title—plus, I’ve heard it’s pretty good.
- Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith
Apparently, zombies are the new vampires. Plus, who doesn’t love Pride and Prejudice?
- The Uninvited by Tim Wynne-Jones
According to this review in Quill and Quire, Wynne-Jones’ latest novel has “all the appeal of a sexy vampire, sans the fangs.”
- The Lit Report by Sarah N. Harvey
One of the few titles on this year’s OLA Best Bets for young adults that I haven’t read yet.
- Prada and Prejudice by Mandy Hubbard
I love the title. I’m a sucker for anything that alludes to Pride and Prejudice.
- The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie
A friend recently described this as the funniest book she’d ever read. That’s a pretty good endorsement, I’d say.